Saturday, March 21, 2009

MMMy Menu: springtime surf & turf

Well, I didn't set out to do a MMMarch day today, but I created a decent dinner so I guess this is it. I don't typically eat a big breakfast, I had the last of Crash's bagels, toasted with a little butter and a bosc pear (sorry, no pix). Just enough to get me going before I went out for my morning run.

For lunch I sliced thin some of my leftover corned beef (just from this last thurs) and heated it in a skillet. Made a sandwich with that. I had some leftover fococcia bread from a panini dinner the other night too. So I bascially made a quick panini, corned beef, spinach leaves, garlic mayo (more leftovers) and some dijon. It was pretty tasty (sorry, no pic).

We went grocery shopping today so I had lots to choose from for dinner, but I also wanted to get rid of some of the items that had been in the fridge for awhile. So I used up a couple heads of week-old cauliflower, made a puree with some chicken stock and a little cream, a little tarrgon. I minced up the remaining corned beef and did the same with some cremini mushrooms I had on hand and some bread crumbs. That mixture got rolled up in fillets of dover sole and baked with butter, onions and a tiny hint of cardamom. Served atop the cauliflower and some wilted some beet greens it made for a nice little meal. We also had some brown rice topped with sliced avocado (sorry, not pictured) and a $3 bottle of wine (sorry, not pictured).

I think we have some strawberries for dessert. I think I need to find some time to exercise tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful! Dontcha just love the later sunshine so pics of dinner can actually look appetizing?

    ReplyDelete