Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beat the Bridge, All for Alan



Thanks to Crash, the Guth, Wolfgang, and Kristina for supporting my nephew Alan in the 8k run today. Despite the hangover, it was a great race. I think we should all start gearing up for Portland. If I can do it anyone can. Attached is Hal Higdon's training manual- apologies for inability to transfer table format:

http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/novices.html

This is how I went from unable to run a single mile without stopping, to completing the Boston marathon, my first race. If I can do it, anyone can. Just don't skimp on the long runs. Go team BRS...

Does anyone have any training schedule advice for STP or tri's?

5 comments:

  1. ♫ Which one of these kids is not like the other, which one is doing their own thing? ♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the Danskin Tri many moons ago (are you signed up for this one?). I didn't really take my training too serious since this was my first one and I just wanted to "tri" (dar!)it. I made sure to train on all three events, but didn't follow any schedules or anything like that. I really enjoyed it. It is a great one to start out with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wolfgang, so it wasn't too embarrassing coming in dead last? I'm going to compete in this year's Central District Tri, and I'm not following any training plan. Just need to keep Chris from Ventoux within an arm's reach. That is until the run, when I plan to smoke him just like I did at the Davis Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping me at arms length because you need someone to grab when you realize you can't swim any distance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Crash, unfortunately for the girl I pee'd on in the swim portion, I didn't come in last. Let's just hope you can out swim me!

    ReplyDelete