Monday, May 26, 2008

Eugene Open 2008

Those who were there to witness it said it reminded them most of an epic hardcourt battle between Conners and MacEnroe. In the end, 'First Class' Jay and Chris from Ventoux were once again victorious and get to keep the trophy. 6-2, 0-6, 6-4, 6-2.
Tensions were running high after the match. Fortunately, Sammy the police dog was there to keep the order when a bout of rasslin' broke out.
The steak was good, the gnocchi was good, and the garlic bread was just okay (Thanks 'First Class').
Regardless of the final score, everyone who showed up was a winner. Mostly because of the most excellent t-shirts.
Thanks Gerald for inspiring us to step up our t-shirt game. An honorary tie-dye shirt is on its way to you via Crash. We hope everything went well in Idaho. Did you see any Nazis?
Honorary Guitar Hero award of the weekend goes to Weiss. Sorry I shot those hostages in Rainbow Six, but they were looking at me funny.
All in all, a great success.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to our hosts C from V, View, and Sammy for another successful Eugene Open. Weather was absolutely perfect, and the level of tennis play was quite respectable. During my post-match analysis, my biggest concern was the level of motivation of my doubles partner. After winning the no limit Texas Hold'em pot, he didn't seem too interested in his tennis game. Hmm... Wonder if that was planned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty dang cool shirts, I'd be proud to wear though I did not earn it. Glad to hear Jay has finally picked up a nickname...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hey it looks like y'all had a great time, I think I'm sorry I missed it. I just don't think I'll ever be coordinated enough for tennis. such is life. instead spent the weekend in TdM training.

    those are cool shirts. They look a lot like the Eugene Marathon staff shirts. but with a way cooler logo;p

    ReplyDelete