Sunday, July 1, 2012

Alpe D'Huez matin

After taking a terrifying fall climbing last week, I decided to tackle biking up Little Cottonwood Canyon this morning.

An average of 9% grade for 8 miles, I averaged 6mph on the way up and 36mph on the way down. Every 2 miles I felt like Ali cold-cocked me, but at the end of The Thrilla, it was Ali on the mat.  The ride down felt like you were being shot out of a canon for the entire 10 minutes (2 Metallica songs).

I propose this climb be stage 13 of the Tour De Mukilteo and just getting to the top should be worth a Magnum point.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Work! How does this climb stack up against the Hwy 542 Mt Baker climb up to Artist Pt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artist Pt climb is WAY longer, more of a half day commitment, but LCC climb is an hour or so of pure pain since your "rest" sections are 7% grades. It's kind of like doing the Zoo climb twice in a row.

    ReplyDelete