Thursday, July 12, 2012

Movie Confusion

Jews, spics, niggers, pansies, and booger eating morons...



What a quote from Mr. Tanner from the original Bad News Bears. So as I watch the Bad News Bears, May's Movie selection, the Hustler, Superfly, as well as Paper Moon, I am utterly confused...

I spoke of a "tempo" or internal "pace" on my Whidbey Island ride with Gerald in April. Deferring to our movie experts from the blog, how come the pace from those movies is so appealing to me? How come I enjoy each storytelling moment from those movies mentioned above, over those from Thor, Iron Man 2, and even the Dark Knight?

Is it substance? I'm not sure, but there's an element of story + film that's still cloudy to me.

Internal pace. Internal tempo. One's own internal speed in life, day in and day out. I'm learning that is so, SO important.




No comments:

Post a Comment