Saturday, July 23, 2016

Cya Yurt

Driving up I-5 North this morning, I noticed horrific highway construction and back-ups heading the other way. Makes sense. Last weekend, I hit horrific traffic on I-405 South, with lots of signs warning of the I-5 South construction/detour. Ok, why am I even on the freeways in the first place?
Because of Zoo Hill.

Gerald and I biked up Zoo Hill three weekends ago. Because of my attraction to pain and suffering I decided to go back for more. Week 1, I did not care whatsoever to bike up to the cherry on top of Zoo Hill with Gerald. Week 2, I cared a little for the cherry, but nearly (ok maybe a little) toppled over
at the top gasping for air. Week 3? I really wanted and enjoyed the cherry! Marie is at the cherry. I didn't get in the pic all the radio communication towers behind that big tank.

Week 4? Screw the weekend traffic, I'm going to recon Vashon Is., enjoy a serene ferry ride instead, and then for Week 5 bike Vashon Is. with Gerald.

So I'm currently spending the night at Gerald's place, and I realized the old yurt is just that. The original yurt. This place is something different. New. I'm calling it the Oasis. Last weekend I did a load of laundry. Today I did three loads. It felt so good, knowing after the hills I didn't have to hop back in my car and sit in traffic all afternoon. Instead, got back, showered, and ate watching Hulu & Apple TV. Very relaxing!

Even though I'm getting more comfortable with the hills, my legs really feel it. Gotta rest them up, early tomorrow morning Omaha & his girlfriend are picking me up to hike Mailbox Peak. Looking forward to catching up with Omaha, then really, REALLY looking forward to getting a Delfino's pizza. Spending a bonus night at the Oasis, going to meet up with friends Mon in W.Seattle, save me a return trip to Lakewood, but also gives me a chance to get in another possible run with Gerald Mon am. We ran Lake WA last Thursday morning! Best thing about the Oasis is that I'm really familiar with Gerald's kitchen stuff. Easy to fix great food. Now just gotta figure out a way to get her to get cable again...



No comments:

Post a Comment