Tuesday, July 26, 2016

New - BRS Bucket List

 
So I can proudly say that I have not watched the whole movie the Bucket List. Have seen a few scenes on cable, not the greatest work by Jack or Morgan, two of my favorite actors. However, what's important is that we create a bucket list of activities that people are interested in doing, and then reach out to others to train and knock it out. Turn fantasy into reality...

I've started a list Gerald & I discussed at Camp Day. Feel free to add any of your own. In my experience, it's easier to knock out big ambitious goals, with the help of others...

For example, last Sun thoroughly enjoyed hiking up Mailbox Peak with Omaha. It was probably the most strenuous activity I've done all year. It didn't help I biked up zoo hill the day before, but we climbed up the steep old trail going up. We kept a great battle buddy pace going up, taking only a few breaks. Here's a view from the top:
Coming down, we decided to explore, and take the new trail. It was called the Steiner-Davis expedition route. So many opinions were given on which path was the best to take, we decided to find out for ourselves. All in all a great hike. Now I'm resting up, getting ready to play in my very first golf scramble tomorrow. Sun, hike 3,800 ft elevation gain in 2.5 miles, and now play golf with only 3 clubs and get a free hamburger and coke. I'm finally learning some balance!

1 comment:

  1. I ticked off a big bucket list item for myself over Memorial Day weekend - been meaning to compile the photos and upload. I will soon.

    You and Omaha look great - I like that hike

    ReplyDelete