Sunday, April 24, 2011

Adios Safeway

Easter 2011. A leisure good-bye visit with Gerald, maybe some coffee, catch-up chatter, and a Sunday brunch. Nope...

Helping my in-laws move in Houston was the most un-organized move ever in the history of moving. I'd say Gerald definitely took 2nd place this morning...

What did I learn? View is probably the most organized mover that I've ever met...

Ventoux, they have this technology now, where people come help you pack & move all the packed boxes and heavy furniture. There's a fee, but you don't have to break your back for two days...

I've got to say I'm going to miss Casa Safeway. Some CDTs, two STPs, countless runs & bike rides, and beer & pizza at Piecoras...

Oh well, at least there's BRSCIXI-Everett to Spokane to look forward to, and possibly a Spokane tri?

1 comment:

  1. As I looked in on the empty unit this afternoon, I was thinking I didn't have a photo of Casa Safeway in its natural, disastrous state. I don't know if it was "disorganized" so much as extreme hoarding, complicated by hopeless procrastination/slowness. I knew exactly where everything was. Candidate for "Hoarding, buried alive?" yes. I'll apply for that if I get rejected from "What Not to Wear".
    I do know that my cleaning skills are nearly as bad as my trail running ability, and that I couldn't have done it on time without your help. Made it to Spokane on zero sleep! No lake here, we may have to go to CDA.

    ReplyDelete