Thursday, March 31, 2011

Back to Basics. Welcome to Fucking April.

I was just about ready to write off Ab-Awareness month. Interest in the challenges seems to be waning, enthusiasm has been scarce,the core crew is experiencing some diaspora, solidarity is suffering.

But a couple of things happened this morning. First, I had an email from GoDaddy, the domain name registration for BikeRunSwig lapsed yesterday. I got a new credit card this year and cancelled the one they had on file so I had to manually re-up. Doing so made me think a little about what it means to renew the site for at least another year and what that $10 is buying me.

Second, I got a short text from Kadlec, whom I haven’t seen in probably 6mo, “Ready for April Ab awareness?”

And I wasn’t.

I hurt my back last week. I have to get up before 5am every day to get to work on time. I’m tired of the rain. My finances aren’t in order. Wisconsin has retarded leadership. Our President sold out. The company I work for is for sale. The banana I’m eating right now is a little riper than I prefer.

Fuck that noise.

It’s April. It’s Abdominal Awareness Month. Fourth annual! This is how we started this project and it’s not done.

3000 reps, I don’t how you do it. Sidebends or Situps. Whatever.

To max the minimum, that’s 150 a day, with weekends off. 10 minutes. If it takes you more effort than that, then, well, you probably need a kick in the pants anyway.

I’ll have a log up later today and I want to see some entries. I’m looking to you to keep me honest too.

6 comments:

  1. Ab awareness month is the most month evar. True Story.
    -Papa V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gin shots the other night put a fire in my belly. Count me in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gin shots the other night put the barf in the toilet. So, you know, thanks for that.

    The spreadsheet is updated, accessible on the sidebar. Everyone from last year should have edit rights, if anyone else wants just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, looks like that device would give you a 12-pack

    ReplyDelete