Saturday, March 22, 2008

50 Flats to 'za

Just got back from a 43 miler with the reigning Tour de Mukilteo Champion.  So here's my 2 cents...

T - Guth.  I have never yet experienced a poor ride with you & Chugg.  NEVER!  I have always been challenged.  Be it speed, distance, energy (root of most of my hardships), scenery, shooting the shit, or bursts of accelerations, I have always enjoyed our rides.  

Another outstanding ride from Mukilteo to Snohomish (so scenic) to Everett and then back to Mukilteo.  My fuel tank read empty in Everett.  Somehow, I managed to get from Everett back to Mukilteo, solely on fumes.  (and stubbornness).  Actually, I did get a 2nd wind mentally when I got up through the hills of Forest Park, because that is Susie & my hilly / scenic marathon training run.  If I can run it, then I can bike it.  Why did I bonk? I believe the answer lies in Ebey Island's Bermuda Triangle...

Just short of the Ebey Island, I got a FLAT.  ...[time out]... So Michael & I have a proposal.  Whenever someone goes out for a ride and experiences a FLAT, BIKE RUN SWIG will tally the FLAT s.  Then, when we get to 50, we will hold a pizza party!  That's Michael's idea.  My twist is a bit more hardcore.  If you get the puncture, then you have to donate $1 to the pizza fund.  I tagged 3 punctures already, so who do they belong to?  Well according to our sister site, "A Steep Ride to Suffering", Michael owns two, and I have one.  Also, this post most definitely belongs on the sister site (sorry Guth), especially due to my "suffering" on today's ride, especially on the Goat Loop Trail, (now known as GLT), but I wanted to ensure everyone got this message.  Not sure what a wreckage / spill is worth?  Guess we'll have to designate that at a later time.  I recommend making that a beverage...

So next weekend is our attempt at an 80 miler.  A bit ambitious, but not really.  It'll be at LSD pace, and I will definitely eat enough calories before & during the ride.

Finally, a bit off the subject.  Magnum Series points.  Michael will be attempting a non-official RSVP (Ride from Seattle to Vancouver & Party).  I think he should receive a Magnum point for such an ambitious ride.  Also, I think Susie should receive a  Magnum point for each Marathon she has run after the Davis Challenge.  This ought to light a fire for the rest of us.  

Finally, March only has 9 more days left.  Soon, we'll all be challenged.  Square away folks.  Square away...

Semi-Drunk Crash





No comments:

Post a Comment