Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Triathlon Day

Went for a swim (W/ Jay, and lots of really old people) before work, a run (W/ Jay, no old people) at lunch, and a bike ride home (no jay). Now I have a Triathlon question. Gerald, could you ask your Iron Man friends? Why is it any A-Hole well educated professional with more money than sense can drop several thousand dollars on a pair of aero-wheels (the kind that self destruct at the thought of a crack in the pavement) that, all other things being equal, will improve their time significantly over the more proletarian entrants, but a 10$ pair of swim fins are strictly verboten. If I could fabricate a pair of outrageously expensive fins out of high grade hashish and crystal matrix carbonium (or whatever Specialized is putting in their high end bikes these days) would those fins be allowed?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chris,

    You leave those really old people alone at the pool! They get their asses up and that's more than most people can say. Besides, that's all I've got to look forward to in my old age. Triathlon? Ha! You swim away buddy. You use fins, whatever. Mask & snorkel too. My biking & swimming skills will more than beat your bootay. Also, I've been training religiously every night in Weiss' shower / bathtub. With rubber ducky no less...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know Squirrelly Jay could swim!I once saw footage of a squirrel in the water. But this one was on water skis being pulled around by a toy boat. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrelly Jay swim? But of course. Actually, I'm predicting that he'll school all of us in the swimming portion of the triathlon. Just hope he still is smoking by the Central District Triathlon. That way I'll be able to pass him in the running portion.

    ReplyDelete