Saturday, January 23, 2010

i.o.u.B.M.(Q.)


Reviewing the rules for i.o.u.B.M.(Q.) awards I see that they are intended for a tremendous effort in either a Major or a Monthly Challenge. So Crash, technically speaking, this beer is for your early completion of Juggling January. You've already done everything you need and still have a week left, you done nearly all the requirements to a greater degree than was necessary, and most surprisingly, done the whole thing sober (which makes this award a little ironic: you can have a glass of milk instead, if you like). But that's not what this is really about.
You always attack the monthly challenges head-on. I might be able to occasionally do more crunches than you in a single sitting, but I'll never challenge you for a month. I love hiking, but I don't think I'll ever get as excited about a road march as you. But that's not what this is really about either.
What this is about is that BikeRunSwig is continually challenging, continually changing, and always fun times. I think one or two of the monthly challenges have been suggested by others but by and large you've come up with some really innovative ways to get me to run for miles and do pushups day in day out.
What this is about is that I happen to be wearing last year's DC challenge t-shirt, and am proud of it. Looking forward to this year's DC, what a great event it's been, and hope to make another good show at this year's record attendance event (maybe another saweet T too?).
What this is about is that you stopped by my house yesterday just to check on my BikeRunSwig attitude. You wanted to know how invested I was in the BRS life and with how much vim I am ready to attack this year's monthly challenges and majors, and next year's, and the years following that too. Most bloggers don't make house calls.
I dunno, I don't want to blow this up more than it is (it's only worth 1/6 of a MagnumPt after all), but just wanna say, "T," Crash, for keeping this project alive, my tummy flat, and my outlook positive.
I didn't mean to get your hopes up, but I've got a beer different that than the one pictured above waiting for you.

2 comments:

  1. Ditto... Maybe if I did more of the challenges I too could achieve a flat tummy or positive outlook? Or at least graduate from Dick's album?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kam-sa-ham-ni-da
    i.o.u.B.M.(Q). beer
    Bikerunswig is fun

    ReplyDelete