Sunday, April 27, 2008

Anti-foot fetish


I used to spend $10/ week on bandaids (not to mention the prep time) to prevent foot blisters. Blister shield, a great product for chafage on the torso, just made the feet slide around and didn’t work. Someone told me about Wright socks double layer socks, which I thought were the best thing since sliced bread for awhile. But after switching shoes, I started to get blisters between my small toes and was back on the bandaids, until someone suggested the toe socks. They are called Injini Tetrasoks and they come in a variety of lengths/ fabrics and even "split toe", i.e. great toe separated from little toes.

I must admit, it was a weird and not altogether pleasant sensation at first, purposefully inserting fabric between the toes (otherwise the toes don’t really go into the slots properly) reminded me of foot massages, a little creepy. Can anyone explain foot fetishists? But that feeling goes away and the socks were fabulous. No blisters and no foot sweating- can’t recommend them enough. Worth every penny of the $11/ pair. Haven’t tried them in super cold weather but it doesn’t get that bad in Seattle.

5 comments:

  1. How in the world did you manage to take a picture while doing a hand stand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to try those, but they don't make them for people with thirteen toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gerald, I would like to try these out too! Crash mentioned that you saw them at REI too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered them from REI.com, but hadn't looked for them in the store. At REI they were cheaper and more choices than where I bought my first pair for $16 at a Seattle running club store, where they only had black mini-crew style

    ReplyDelete