Monday, April 14, 2008

I met andy




Sunday morning, before the rains came, I decided to take The Furnace for a ride. I rode down to my parents' place for a nice waffle breakfast with maple syrup, freshly made whipped cream, and strawberries. Yum!

Then it was off to Mukilteo to see what St. Andrew's Blvd is all about. Before arriving there, I'll have to say that Picnic Point Road is a fun one to ride down. There's a short climb before Andy - not that much of a problem. The big climb, however was. I ended up turning into one of the cul-de-sacs to catch my breath halfway up, but aside from that, I made it up in about 10 mins. Okay for my first try. I'll have to start doing more hill climbs to get my endurance up.

3 comments:

  1. Nice going Spiz & Furnace. I'm impressed that you broke the ice with St. Andrews, but also that you are motivated to work on climbing. After my first trip up St. Andy, I just passed out at the top, out of breath, wondering why I even bothered. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong work. I nearly puked just driving in a car up St. Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember well my first time riding Andy (why everything I says sounds naughty lately?). Was last year's TdM. My eyes got big on my way down and I had a sinking feeling in my gut, 'this is gonna suck. a lot.'
    All I've got to say is NICE WORK!, and keep riding it. It took me a little over six months, but I no longer fear it.

    ReplyDelete