Sunday, April 20, 2008

Why Do I Live Strong?

Piecora's pizza & Black Butte Porter. Believe me, it tastes amazing, especially after a 22 miler...

So much to blog, so little time, so guess I'll go with bullets...

Only 10 days left in AB Awareness month. The last third. Remember 3,000 is the target, so if you're behind, you've got time to catch up. Welcome to Ken & Gerald, two late comers! Ken will be a member of Team Oregon, in the TdM, and Gerald FINALLY gave in to my nagging. Actually, she has already logged 1,400 reps, so almost there. (Her participation will definitely change the Magnum Series trophies at the Eugene Half). Michael & Wolfgang, I also pursuaded her to join the 8 week weight loss office pool...

Beat the Bridge is Sunday, May 18th. I believe it's a 8K race. If you are interested in running (Yes you - Michael, Danny, Wolfgang, Steena, Amber, Tracy, and anyone else), please let me know. Gerald's running for a cause this time (her cousin's son) and if you join her team, your entry fee will be covered, and you'll get a free cool looking t-shirt. Please let me know if you're interested...

Stay tuned for some enhancements to the Blog. TheGuth is working on adding a space where people can add favorite music groups, books, movies, recipes, beers/wines, favorite shades of pink (Chris), or whatever. Also, we're going to add some pics of the Major Trophies (DC, Eugene Open, Central District Triathlon, & TdM) as well as the past winners. For some unexplainable reason, I'm not in possession of all the trophies, so would the current champions please take a picture and forward it to Michael? We'll also be doing the same for the Magnum Series items as well. Jay, don't forget the deadline is the Eugene Half...

Finally, I think AB Month has been going very well so far, and don't want momentum to waver come next month. It forced me to regularly check the Blog, as well as kept me honest in my AB work. So let's start brainstorming for an event for May. Just comment your ideas, and remember there's no wrong or "dumb" ideas in brainstorming (exception: Team Oregon members). I'd like to suggest Millennium May. Goal is to log 1,000 miles on your bike. This should keep us honest for the upcoming STP in July. And no Team Oregon, tandems don't count...






2 comments:

  1. Is it true Team Washington prepares for big races by watching Gladiator Movies and oiling each other up? Thats why you guys are so bad ass. You're comfortable with shit like that.
    How about Margarita May? You need to account for at least 4 bottles of Tequila over the course of the month?
    Bonus points if you can get your picture taken with any member of Van Hagar or Valerie Bertinelli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the vote for Margarita May. Too bad there's no month starting with "V" we can pair with "vodka". Vebruary?

    ReplyDelete